Following the success of the first encounters, Cinemed and Aflamuna are thrilled to announce the Professional Encounters 2023, complementing their work to support independent Cinema.
These encounters offer the opportunity for Arab independent filmmakers and producers working on feature-length films to meet with professionals from France and around the globe to build partnerships, collaborations, and co-production.
For further information, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Rules and Regulations:
• The filmmaker is a citizen of one of the 22 Arab countries: Algeria, Bahrain, Comoros, Djibouti, Egypt, Iraq, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Libya, Mauritania, Morocco, Oman, Palestine, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Somalia, Sudan, Syria, Tunisia, the United Arab Emirates, and Yemen,
• The filmmaker has at least one short film to their credit,
• The project is a feature-length film (fiction, documentary, docu-fiction …)
• The project is in development
• Filmmakers are able to communicate in English or French
The selection committee will prioritize:
• Projects with an attached Arab producer
• Projects dealing with sensitive topics related to social justice or the environment
Selected filmmakers/producers should be available to represent their projects during these encounters which will take place in Montpellier from 23rd to 25th of October 2023. Flights and accommodation will be covered by Cinemed and Aflamuna.
This encounter is dedicated to being a safe space and believes in freedom of expression as a fundamental human right. Applicants shall not be discriminated against because of race, religion, sex, national origin, ethnicity, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, color, marital status, or disability.
These encounters are a collaboration between Cinemed and Aflamuna.
This program has been made possible with the support of the Centre national du cinéma et de l’image animée (CNC).